Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Big Day

Signing my life away.....

First casualty of the day lol

Ready to get going

Haha I loved the socks...which somehow did not leave with me :(

When they gave me my "IV Margarita"

Recovery

Woke up with this on my eyes...thought I was blind!

Drugged up day 1
1st dinner....mashed potatoes 

It all hit me as soon as we pulled up to the hospital...I knew there was no turning back now!! I could barely sign my name I was so nervous. As soon as I went back they had me put on a hospital gown that was lined in plastic and super hot!! It had a hole in the side to attach a hose to blow up the gown during surgery. After getting settled in my bed the nurse came over to give me my IV and after freaking himself and me out about how small my veins are he finally got it in. As soon as they put the good drugs in there I was out and don't remember a thing until I woke up about an hour and a half after surgery.
Waking up all I remember was not being able to see and being very uncomfortable. I knew I was not ready to go, but as soon as they told my mom I could leave whenever I was ready to go! I was too out of it to even change back into my clothes so the just wheeled me out in my gown.
Then some how I managed to give my mom directions to a smoothie king during naps on the way home. Before I could finish 2 sips I was in the door and on the couch asleep...where I stayed most of the day.
I really didn't have any nose pain the first day my throat just hurt from the breathing tube, and a little swelling on my eyes and cheeks. Slept through night one pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment